Friday, September 25, 2009

Workin' It

The Bag Lady is off to work again this morning, but she thought she'd share a little peek into her work world with you!

In an effort to encourage the female lifeguards to keep their locker room from... well... smelling like a locker room, the manager had a decorator (who donated her time and expertise) make it a little more pleasant in appearance.

Here are a couple pictures of how it looks:


And here are a few of the towels the Bag Lady makes sure are always on hand:


Of course, on those hectic days when there are lots of swimming lessons, and lots of lifeguards on duty, the place doesn't exactly look this neat and tidy, in spite of the Bag Lady's best efforts! In fact, last night it looked like a tsunami went through - water everywhere and towels piled on every surface!

It didn't take long to put it back in order though, and the Bag Lady is off to do it all again today!

16 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Good for the decorator, and doubly good for you for keeping up with the tidying. They are lucky to have you.

the Bag Lady said...

Aww, thanks, cousin! It's fun.... so far!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a spa!

Levi said...

Just like home...having to pick up after the slobs.
Too bad you don't get paid at home for the same services.

Reb said...

Wow, pretty nice!

Lucas said...

Baggie! I've been so busy I haven't been around much, but hopefully I'm back now. Not that you missed me but..........

Hilary said...

Looks pretty good for a locker room. Good job, Baggie. :)

the Bag Lady said...

kcinnova - that's what the manager was aiming for! I'll let her know you think so! :)

POD - exactly my sentiments! Wonder how I can swing that. Hahahahaha

Reb - I thought so, too!

Lucas - Of course I missed you! But I totally understand about being busy!

Hilary - thanks! I try to keep it looking nice.

Geosomin said...

That is a nice locker room...I would think the extra touches like that make it a much nicer workout place.
Sounds like a fun job :)

the Bag Lady said...

Geo - it is a great place to work! :)

Shammickite said...

Do you get to try out the spa facilities too? You should, you deserve it!

the Bag Lady said...

Shammickite - I could, I suppose, if I wanted to! (Nice to see you again, BTW!)

The Fifth Sparrow said...

Looks great! How much is a membership?

the Bag Lady said...

Sparrow - Umm.... err.... it's kinda a long way for you to travel every day, isn't it? :) (and, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure...)
:)

The Fifth Sparrow said...

Silly BagLady, I was going to buy a membership and then never go. Did I invent that or do other people do that too?

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, I get it now! Totally. :)