Friday, September 4, 2009

Change is in the Air

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS INFORMATION THAT MAY CAUSE LAUGHTER - PLEASE BE SURE TO AVOID DRINKING COFFEE OR OTHER BEVERAGES ( or eating) WHICH MAY CAUSE SPEWING OR CHOKING

It finally rained!

The Bag Lady actually writes her blog posts in advance, as most of you must know, and there is a thunderstorm raging as she types, and it is raining blessed rain! The ground is terribly thirsty, and the rain is welcome.

The dugouts will be replenished, and the trees and grass and pastures and gardens will get a much-needed drink. (If the Bag Lady wasn't still ill, she would go out and dance in the rain, she is that happy to see it!)

She has something else to dance about, too! The Bag Lady is going to work. She got a job.

(Please make sure you are sitting down, removing all liquids and/or solids from your mouth before reading the next line.)


She is going to work in a fitness centre.

(She warned you to empty your mouths! Go get a towel to wipe off your monitor - we'll wait. Does anyone know the Heimlich maneuver? I think Mizfit is choking on that damned tuna....)

Yes, the infamous A(u)nti-Fit is going to be working in a fitness centre. Oh, stop laughing. It isn't like she's going to be a personal trainer or anything! She's just going to be a sort of combination tour guide/information officer, making sure that everyone knows how to get where they are going, giving tours of the facility, checking to make sure people paid to be where they are, and just generally making sure that things are running smoothly.

She starts her new job after the long weekend, and is not yet sure how this will impact her blogging. She hopes to be able to continue posting fairly often, but is not sure that she can maintain her regular schedule. Sadly, blogging hasn't put any food on the table, so the choice is obvious.

Enjoy your long weekend - the Bag Lady is going to do her best to have a nice, relaxing time before she returns to the working world.

31 comments:

Miz said...

Im so so so so so excited for you, BL.

I know you are going to adore this new adventure and, perhaps, find that you have even MORE about which to blog whenever you have a moment.

once a week?

pretty please?

do we get a picture of you on the first day as you head off to the workjob?

xo xo,

Carla

solarity said...

I think it sounds a lot like herding cows, actually, so you should take to it easily. Please tell us all about it! (Surely humans can be just as interesting as cows?)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Hilary said...

Woo hoo, you! Congrats, A(u)nti Fit!

Here's the deal. You don't tell them you have a blog and you can keep us in stitches with fitness club stories.. when you have a moment. ;)

I'm very happy for you, Baggie. Is it full time?

messymimi said...

I think this is wonderful!

Any time you can get in to let us know how it is going will be welcomed.

Have a great weekend!

JavaChick said...

I did not laugh at all, I smiled. I think it's great! Congrats on the new job and I hope you enjoy it.

:)

Gena said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be able to regale us with stories of strange fitness-goers occasionally. Best of luck with the new job!

Leah J. Utas said...

The rain was welcome here, too. The power outage while I was cooking supper not so much.

I think you'll have a wonderful time at your job and like everyone else who has commented before me I am so looking forward to your work stories.

the Bag Lady said...

Miz - Thanks! I am hoping that this will give me a little blog fodder :)
But no, I don't think I'll be posting a picture of my first day on the job.... yet.

Mary Ann in Kentucky - hopefully, the humans will be as easy to herd as the cows are! :)

Hil - Thanks! It's not full time, which is why I'm hoping to be able to keep up with the blogging to a certain extent.

Messymimi - thanks! I'm actually pretty excited about it - it'll be nice to have a paycheque! Oh, and some human contact - the cows aren't much for conversation!

JavaChick - thanks! I'm glad you didn't laugh at me! :)

Gena - thanks. I'm sure there will be lots of interesting tales to tell.

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah - our power only flickered a couple times, which was a relief.
And, looking outside, you'd scarcely know it rained - the rain gauge has a 1/4 inch in it.
And thanks - I hope to have lots of fun stories to share.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow, congrats on the job! I hope you'll get a lot of blog inspiration there!

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, BG - I hope so too! And maybe, (just maybe) this will inspire me to get into better shape! Hahahahahaha

Geosomin said...

Wow - that is so exciting :)
You've got to let us know how it all goes...

Go A(u)nti Fit :)

the Bag Lady said...

Geo - thanks! I'll sure try to keep up with the blog!

Melissa said...

Yay! (The first time this year I've been able to cheer about rain...) (I mean because we've had way too much of it.)

the Bag Lady said...

Melissa - we really, really needed it. Of course, now the wind is blowing and will suck it all out of the ground in no time! Sigh.

Scrumpy said...

Coolio!

(And I hope you get to feeling better soon.)

Levi said...

You told me it was a Sitness Centre.
Or was that Shitness Centre?

Anyway, I hope you get to train people on the assorted machines and such.
Get some of that stress out of you.

Anonymous said...

Bless you for the warning - my screen was only sprayed with air, accompanied by flying bits of spittle. Laughter is indeed the best medicine! And you have given me hope for a sagging economy. :)

the Bag Lady said...

Scrumpy - thanks! I really don't want to start a new job feeling like I'm feeling! Hope it goes away soon.

POD - I told you it was a citness fentre.... was that a typo?
I don't know about training people, though - how many folks out there want to look like A(u)nti-Fit??

kcinnova - I hope this is a sign the economy is on the upswing!
I know it means MY economy is on the upswing... :)

Charlotte said...

Congratulations on the new job! I think you'll have a lot of fun and - like Miz pointed out - get some excellent blog fodder along the way:) You'll be great!

the Bag Lady said...

Charlotte - thanks! I am really looking forward to it!

The Fifth Sparrow said...

Congratulations!!

So That's Why you're cleaning out closets when you are so sick.

I think you'll do great. (Just don't forget about the little people you've left back here when you get all famous and city-fied.)

Happy dance!

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Sparrow. Yes, I had to get that closet somewhat organized before going back to work!
And don't worry - I'll still be around!

Conny said...

Yes, yes, congratulations on both the new job AND the rain!

You're on my blog roll, so I'll keep checking for updates -- you most likely will have fun stories to share.

Good luck next week. :>)

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Conny! I'll try to keep up with everyone in the blogosphere!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

And I agree about blogging not putting food on the table--family first, blog second! But I'm hoping you'll still squeeze in a post every now and then. We'll all be here waiting for you.

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Crabby - I hope I'll still be able to visit here fairly often, too.

Cheryl Kohan said...

How cool is that?! Congratulations...you'll probably just love it! And, while I'm thinking of it, congrats on being the runner up on Sara P's contest! Excellent.

the Bag Lady said...

CheylK - thanks! I'm sure the job will be fun, and I'm delighted to be a runner-up in Sara's contest! :)

Sagan said...

That's fantastic! You're going to have tons of fun with it.

Blogging doesn't put food on the table? Crap. I guess I'll have to get that degree after all.

the Bag Lady said...

Sagan - unfortunately, blogging hasn't paid, so you'd better get that degree, girl! :)