Monday, December 3, 2007

CartSmart Bags

The Bag Lady knows that some people still aren't exactly sure what her CartSmart Bags are all about, so she has decided to do a little pictorial explanation (a picture is worth a thousand words, right?)



The feature that makes the CartSmart Bag different from all other tote bags is the fact that it can be hooked over the handle of the shopping cart, thereby helping to protect your hands from the germs found there (e-coli, salmonella, etc.) In addition to the main compartment, it has 3 interior pockets that can hold your wallet, cell phone, etc., and has an attached key ring. While you are shopping, you can keep your purse and/or extra cloth shopping bags in it, which frees up room in the cart.






There are quite a few different colours and fabrics to choose from, and the Bag Lady tries to add new colours periodically. She knows that most of us don't want to carry exactly the same thing as everyone else is carrying, so most of the bags are available for only a short time. Here are some that she has in stock right now.








You can carry quite a load of groceries in these bags:





This looks a little on the Christmasy side:





Here is the newest fabric, one that has quickly become the Bag Lady’s favourite. She was going to release this in the spring, but loves it so much she wanted to share it right away.



So there you have it. This is what the Bag Lady spends some of her time doing - in between feeding cows and taking care of the ranch and bookwork and housework and feeding the wood-stove and blogging!

Oh, and by the way, the Bag Lady designed and created these bags so she owns the copyright.

If anyone is interested in ordering a bag, email the Bag Lady at the address on the sidebar. She still might be able to get it to you before Christmas.

11 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Good photo story on your creation.
Am enjoying mine immensely and found it to be more than useful.
Thanks.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Great pictures, it really does make the concept more understandable, and the bags look so nice!

(I'm a germ-impervious backpack toting person myself, not so much a tote bag person, but if I ever spent much time thinking about what might be getting on my hands, perhaps I'd be a convert! I use "denial" to protect myself instead.)

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady used to use denial to protect herself, too, until she figured out that every time she got sick, it was after shopping. Since she started using the CartSmart bags, she hasn't been sick...mind you, that may just be a coincidence...
Thanks for the testimonial, dfLeah!

Reb said...

You made a Yellow & Black one and didn't give it to me?
I use mine a fair amount, I say fair, because, if I get a ride to go shopping, I forget ALL of my bags. I am so brain dead sometimes. It is very handy though.
I like the spring bag too.

the Bag Lady said...

Oops...you weren't supposed to see that one...
It took the Bag Lady a little while to remember to take hers along, too, but now that she is accustomed to it, she can't shop without it!!

Hilary said...

They look great, Baggie.

I'm like Reb.. I have fabric bags that I'm supposed to bring shopping, but always forget them and end up using the plastic at 5 cents each.. or boxes.

I hope they keep you very busy. :)

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Hilary!

Virginia Lee said...

If my grandmother were still alive I'd have to get her one of the butterfly bags, TBL. She LOVED butterflies.

I thought of you when I was at the store yesterday morning. I usually do, in truth. :) So many people touching their cart handles and rubbing their eyes, noses, and mouths. It's just TERRIFYING! :O

Lovely examples, btw. Excellent work!

the Bag Lady said...

Why, thank you, Virginia Lee! If the Bag Lady had your address, she'd send one to you to honour your grandmother!
The Bag Lady loves the butterfly bag, too! She wasn't sure when she picked out the fabric, but was very pleased with the result.

Cheryl Kohan said...

What's the pattern on that one behind the red bag...it looks kind of striped? I also like the gray bag. I should have looked at these earlier since I'm leaving home at the end of the month...

the Bag Lady said...

Cheryl - it's striped denim - blue and beige. If you're interested in a bag, shoot me an email and I can send you a picture of what I have in stock right now.