Monday, September 28, 2009

Ramblin'

The Bag Lady had big plans for an interesting post for you for today, but somewhere along the way, she forgot what she wanted to say.

She still feels like she's scrambling to try to get everything done that she wants to do, and finds that time seems to slip away much too fast for her to finish anything! There are still, apparently, 8,760 hours in a year, which sounds like a lot, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day. Not sure how that works.

She got a call from the new owner of the newly renovated old store in her community, asking her if she was interested in coming to work there! She wasn't sure what to say. After all, her present job is only part-time.... She could probably work a day or two here and there for him!

In the meantime, she has to work today, then has a couple days off in which she hopes to finish harvesting her garden - as long as the weather co-operates. She still has potatoes, beets, onions, carrots, turnips and corn to bring in. The tomatoes need to be picked, and there are peppers in pots on the deck that are ready. The weather has turned decidedly autumn-like, and there have been several nights when the temperature dipped below the freezing mark. She has been covering her tomatoes at night, trying to give them a little more time to mature, but that is getting old. It wasn't a good year for tomatoes, and they aren't very big. (Of course, if she had started them a little sooner than she did back in the spring, they'd be further along, wouldn't they?)

This is a bit of a rambly, disjointed post, and she apologizes. She hopes that some day she'll remember what it was she wanted to tell you.

17 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

The store thing sounds interesting. Maybe once you get the fall harvest under control you'll find a way to put in a few hours there. Could be exciting.

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, cousin. I am going to stop and talk to him sometime this week and see if we can arrange something.

Hilary said...

Good luck on the store option. I'm sure that whatever it was you wanted to say will come to you eventually.. and make another great blog post. Yours are never anything but.

the Bag Lady said...

Hilary - thanks! Whatever it was I was thinking would be a great post is still completely gone out of my head. Sigh.

Scrumpy said...

You had about 3 full time jobs before you started one part time job in my opinion!

the Bag Lady said...

Scrumpy - that is a consideration, too! I am turning part of my duties over to the Rancher. We'll see how he fares with them! :)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Another job offer? An embarrassment of riches! A lot of folks here in the States would envy you. I hope you'll tell us more about the shop soon!

Feel free to send some of those cool temps here. We were doing nicely until Friday when the weather reverted to type and daytime highs went back into the 90s with ungodly humidity.

Gena said...

Okay, so. My Mom calls me the other day to tell me that one of our cows surprised her by having a calf! And her we thought that her time spent in the other pasture with her boyfriend hadn't payed off. After all, she didn't get noticeably bigger. Then one day, Mom goes to the barn to feed, and there's a new baby calf lying on the ground by its mother!

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things on your plate! Try to enjoy it all and not get overwhelmed. Easier said than done, I know.

Reb said...

At least the store is closer. Yes, the weather has turned rather abruptly. I am hoping the wind will stop and we will get some rain before we get the snow, but..? Good luck getting the harvest in.

Geosomin said...

We got frost here thismorning too...it's suddenly very autumn like.
The store sounds like it might be a fun change...who knows, maybe you can try both jobs out and then pick the one you like more?
Oh to have options!

Levi said...

Maybe you can stand on your head while at work at the fitness centre and when the blood comes back you will remember what it is you were going to write about today.

Anonymous said...

Come winter weather, a store in your community would be a nice, short commute! I'm one who thinks that a few irons in the fire aren't a bad idea; however, I'm also one who has waaaaaay too much to do this week.

Marste said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels rambly and disjointed lately!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, you are certainly in high demand these days, good for you! I don't know how you juggle it all though. The ranch alone sound like plenty to keep anyone busy!

the Bag Lady said...

BG - it's funny how that works, isn't it? As soon as you find a job, another one comes along!

Gena - I've had that happen, too! And I always say, as long as it's alive, it doesn't matter when it comes! Congrats to the new momma in your momma's pasture! (And I'm enjoying all this - so far!)

Reb - yes, the store is closer, so I can stop there to work a few hours on my way home from the other job! :)

Geo - I am actually going to do both jobs for now and see how things work out.

POD - maybe I should have stood on my head at work today and the sense would have come back to me and I wouldn't have stopped at the store and told the new owner that I would go to work for him! :)

kcinnova - I, too, think that having a few irons in the fire is a good thing, as long as I don't get burnt trying to juggle them!

Marste - welcome to the rambly, disjointed club!

Crabby - the Rancher is planning on being around more for the next little while, so he will do most of the ranch work!

messymimi said...

Gardens tend to be as demanding as babies -- they have to be tended in a timely manner, or disaster ensues.

Glad to hear you have another job offer. If you are anything like us, a little extra would come in handy about now.

the Bag Lady said...

messymimi - you're back! How was the trip?
Yes, gardens are rather like babies, and mine is getting a little demanding!
And we can always use a little more cash 'round here, so a few more hours out in the work force isn't going to hurt me.