Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's Earth Day

It's been another busy morning around the ranch. The Bag Lady had to go out and do some chores, so didn't have time earlier to write her post for today.

She has been listening to the radio off and on this morning, and was reminded that today is Earth Day. She has been trying, in her own small way, to do her part by not using as many plastic bags.

She designed and created her CartSmart Bags in order to replace plastic bags in her house. The CartSmart Bag also helps to protect your hands from germs found on shopping cart handles. They hook over the cart handles, which frees up room in the cart. She carries her cloth shopping bags inside her CartSmart Bag so they are available when she gets to the check-out.

Here are a few of the different colours she has available right now.





She hopes all of you are doing something today to help the Earth! (Goodness, does it sound like she wears sandals and hippie dresses...?)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

we need to promote these more.

the big we.

the royal.

or are you all full up on orders?

M.

the Bag Lady said...

Mizfit - what do you have in mind?

Unknown said...

Nice bags! I like:)

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Sagan.

Leah J. Utas said...

Excellent use of the day.
I love my CartSmart bag and rarely leave home without it.

Geosomin said...

Ooh. I'm trying to be less bag wastey and be more recycley. Is that a black one with a white inside I see?
Do they zip up? I tend to slpill contents of things out when they're not zippedupable. And what are the dimensions of them...roughly. If they do and aren't to large I'd like to get one...how do I doodley do that?

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah - thanks! Glad to hear you use yours.
Geosomin - the easiest way is to email me at the address in my sidebar and I can send you all the dimensions, etc. Sorry, they don't zip, but the handles do help to keep the contents where they belong.

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, and there is a black one with a light grey interior.

Reb said...

Good post Sis! I use mine all the Time and love it!

Anonymous said...

I could conserve my energy by napping all day! :-)

It works for the cats, right?? My cat has a very tiny carbon pawprint.

Missicat

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, Reb - glad to hear it!

Missicat - that sounds like a terrific plan! We won't discuss the carbon hoof-prints of my cows...
:)

Scrumpy said...

BL - Have you ever looked into offering your bags on Etsy? You should check it out. I've gotten so many cute things from the site and you would fit right in there.

the Bag Lady said...

SB - I did look into it, but my profit margin is so small yet that I can't afford to pay them. And I hate to charge more for them.

Hilary said...

I'm terrible at remembering to bring my fabric bags to the grocery store. I think of them every single time.. while in the checkout. The idea is great, when put into practice.

the Bag Lady said...

I know what you mean - it took me awhile to remember to take them, too. Even when I kept them in my vehicle! It's become second nature now.