Here are the answers to the Bag Lady's second (and probably last, at least for awhile) Canadiana quiz!
1. Which of these people is Canadian:
a) Howie Mandel
b) Jim Carrey
c) Pamela Anderson
d) Jennifer Tilly
e) Leonard Cohen
f) none of the above
g) all of the above
2) The largest city in Canada is:
3) the longest river in Canada is:
a) the Nelson
b) the St. Lawrence
c) the Mackenzie
d) the Yukon
4) Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
5) Canada has the longest national highway in the world.
6) Which is bigger; Alberta or Texas - but not by much! And Quebec is bigger than both.
7) True or false - the Vikings were the first Europeans to reach North America. When the Bag Lady wrote this quiz, she was under the impression that the Vikings were the first Europeans to reach North America - traces of them have been found in Newfoundland. One of her readers (thanks, Christine!) pointed out to her that St. Brendan of Ireland quite possibly was here 500 years before that! So technically, the answer to this question might very well be false.
8) The name Canada is an Iroqouis word meaning village or settlement.
9) All Canadians have spent time in an igloo - true or false, unless you count the snow houses we all built when we were kids!
10) What colour are the Bag Lady's eyes? Hazel, but they change colour according to her mood and what she is wearing - from blue through grey, to bright green, to almost brown, so most of you were right - well, except for Melissa, who thought they might be magenta...! (and, right now, thanks to rubbing Lakota Rub on the Rancher's sore back, they are bloodshot because she didn't realize Lakota Rub has cayenne pepper in it and she tried to take her contact lenses out... ow, ow, ow!)