The Bag Lady has been hard at work on another Canadiana quiz. She has torn up several. She liked the multiple choice format, but then decided that she wanted to do something different, that would involve a little more participation. Unfortunately, that required a lot of thought on her part. She didn't want to make it so difficult that no-one would play, but she is well aware that most of her regular readers are smarter than average (and all of them are smarter than she is!) so it had to be challenging. She finally decided that a combination might be the answer!
So, without further ado, here it is.
1. Which of these people is Canadian:
a) Howie Mandel
b) Jim Carrey
c) Pamela Anderson
d) Jennifer Tilly
e) Leonard Cohen
f) none of the above
g) all of the above
2) The largest city in Canada is:
3) the longest river in Canada is:
a) the Nelson
b) the St. Lawrence
c) the Mackenzie
d) the Yukon
4) Canada has the _________ coastline in the world.
5) Canada has the _________ national highway in the world.
6) Which is bigger; Alberta or Texas?
7) True or false - the Vikings were the first Europeans to reach North America.
8) The name Canada is an Iroqouis word meaning _______________.
9) All Canadians have spent time in an igloo - true or false.
10) What colour are the Bag Lady's eyes?
Oh, good quiz Sis...I know all the answers, but I will wait to post them to see what others come up with - oh, that last one is bloodshot isn't it?
did you know your eyecolor isnt listed on google?
Thanks, Reb - but did you have to give away the answer to the last one!?
Miz - there must be some mistake - are you sure you spelled my name right? :)
Excellent quiz dfBag Lady. There's one or two I'm not sure of.
1. all of 'em
2. I think, by area at least, it's Toronto
3. The Mackenzie
4. prettiest? longest? coldest? coastline
7. True. I'm amazed pillaging isn't our national sport. Or competitive herring pickling.
8. Collection of small villages.
9. Absolutely true. Silly. It's the Law.
10. Damn. I think they're green.
dfLeah - thanks for playing! (I'm not telling if your answers are correct or not....)
This one is tough! I guess:
3 the Mississippi of course!
5. most polite?
6. hmmmm...Alberta? or are you counting ego??
7. Wasn't around then. :-)
8. That country north of the U.S.!
9. Don't you live in one now?
For the Fail:
1. I've heard the names, but except for Leonard Cohen I don't even know who they ARE, much less where they're FROM.
2. Instinct makes me say Toronto, and then I start asking myself "Wait--is that population or area?"
4. longest? or ruffliest?
5.longest. I'm sure of that, but am I right?
6. Not guessing.
7. If I say yes or no, all the academics on the other side will crush me to the earth with the weight of their publications.
8. "It's too cold up there, Ohioans, so we're moving in."
9. Should be added to the elementary school curriculum world-wide: Build your choice--igloo, yurt, gorilla-nest.
10. The Bag Lady has eyes?
Mary Anne in Kentucky
OOh...I likes quizzes :)
1. all of them
3. St. Lawrence
4. Longest/largest. Thre's so many wibbly bits on the top
5. Longest - transcanada!
6. Alberta (or at least they *think* so :) )
7. True...on the east coast
8. I think it means my village...I'm trying to remember my grade 5 history when I took this
9. False...unless you count being outside in winter as the igloo...in that case most of us have frozen our tush off, yes
This is so much fun! I'm chuckling at all the answers - but you'll all have to wait until tomorrow to find out for sure.... :)
heh... I feel so un-Canadian in my knowledge. Except for #9, which is clearly true.
Now I'm reminiscing about all the snow forts I used to make... I KNEW I forgot to do something this winter!
Sagan - I'm shocked! You didn't build your igloo this year??!
8) The name Canada is an Iroqouis word meaning "I have no idea."
Doggone it, I'm going to make a quiz: about famous composers or something.
This is fun reading the answers that others have come up with!
I can't decide whether to be goofy or serious with my answers...
2. I suppose b, but Vancouver is no small potatoes! I *heart* Vancouver.
3. I don't do rivers. Um, either the Yukon (is that even a river??) or the St. Lawrence.
4. MOST (everywhere except where the USA gets in the way, dadgum Yanks)
5. longest (although back in the day, I would have said bumpiest or muddiest!)
6. Alta. is darned big, but is it bigger than Texas? I'm gonna bite the bullet and say TX. I'm probably wrong, but there it is.
7. But of course it's true!
8. "Land of Good Beer"
9. Do the Northern Lights glow?
10. beautiful bovine brown (or green... or blue)
I don't know why you keep leaving me to shame these poor people with my outstanding world knowledge...
1. The drunk ones.
2. Not Grand Prairie
3. The one they cry when they lose the Stanley Cup.
5. worst safety record of any.
6. Don't get into pissing contests with ranchers, you cannot win, and they might shoot you.
7. Yeah, but they were on their way somewhere else.
9. Do you mean igloo the ice house for eskimos, or igloo the ice chest for beer? 'Cuz that influences my answer GREATLY.
10. It's a trick question because she spelled color with a u. Don't tell her what color her eyes are...keep her guessing!
Happy Earth Day!
Melissa - a quiz about composers?? One I'm sure to fail.... :)
Reb - it IS fun, isn't it?
kcinnova - good job - but I'm not telling the correct answers yet!
Marianne - you crack me up, as always!
Happy Earth Day to you, too! :)
Alright, Bag Lady! Here goes me putting myself between you and the world just to let you know that I should be smart!
4. widest, or, wildest
8. Kanata meaning damned cold!
10 Blue, or brown, or hazel.
So since I'm too ignorant to do well on the actual answers, and since Marianne has totally cornered the funny answers category, I'm left just to admire the guesses of others and wait for the results!
(And for some reason I'm thinking green eyes but I'm probably making that up.)
Post a Comment