Here are the answers to the Bag Lady's little Canadiana quiz yesterday.
1) How many provinces are there in Canada?
c) 10 British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatcehwan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland/Labrador
2) How many territories are there in Canada?
d) 3 - Yukon, Northwest, Nunavit
3) What is the capitol of Canada?
c) Ottawa, Ontario
4) Where is Alberta?
a) Eastern Canada
b) Western Canada
c) Northern Canada
d) somewhere in the middle
5) Which country is larger?
a) Canada is the second largest country in the world, right behind Russia.
b) United States
6) What is Canada's national emblem?
c) maple leaf
d) grizzly bear
7) Where is Vimy Ridge and why is it important (oh, wait, this is supposed to be multiple choice... give me your best guess.) - Vimy Ridge is in France, and was the site of the most significant battle (for Canada) during the first World War - it's importance to Canada is explained here
8) What is the capitol of Alberta?
9) When is Canada's "birthday"?
a) Aug 1
b) July 4
c) July 1 (1867)
c) Oct 1
10) Who is the current Prime Minister of Canada?
a) Celine Dion (currently PM of Vegas, apparently!)
b) John Diefenbaker (served as PM from 1957 - 1963, Conservative)
c) Stephen Harper has been in office since 2006 - Conservative Party
d) Pierre Trudeau (served as PM 1968 - 1979 and from 1980 - 84, Liberal)
Hope you had fun with this. The Bag Lady might just do another quiz sometime soon, because she had great fun organizing this one!