The Bag Lady, as some of you know, is a proud Canadian. She embarrassed herself yesterday in her comments section with her lack of knowledge of American geography (thinking that the Blue Ridge mountains extended into Kentucky. Apparently not!) so she decided to design a little test for all her American readers to see if their knowledge of Canada is any better than her knowledge of the United States! (She's betting that she knows more about the US than most Americans know about Canada, because most Canadians do... sad, but true!) But don't worry, she is also betting that some Canadians won't be able to answer all the questions correctly either!
1) How many provinces are there in Canada?
2) How many territories are there in Canada?
3) What is the capitol of Canada?
4) Where is Alberta?
a) Eastern Canada
b) Western Canada
c) Northern Canada
d) somewhere in the middle
5) Which country is larger?
b) United States
6) What is Canada's national emblem?
c) maple leaf
d) grizzly bear
7) Where is Vimy Ridge and why is it important (oh, wait, this is supposed to be multiple choice... give me your best guess.)
8) What is the capitol of Alberta?
9) When is Canada's "birthday"?
a) Aug 1
b) July 4
c) July 1
c) Oct 1
10) Who is the current Prime Minister of Canada?
a) Celine Dion
b) John Diefenbaker
c) Stephen Harper
d) Pierre Trudeau