Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Burning Question (To Roo or Not to Roo...)

Okay, so here's the question that's been on the Bag Lady's mind for quite some time but obviously hasn't bothered her enough to actually remember to write a post about it! and the Bag Lady is looking for the answer. What is the question? Good question....but first, she has to ramble around a little.


The Bag Lady uses a lovely hair product that she was introduced to oh so many years ago by her favourite (and long-gone-to-better-paying-things, damn her hide!) hairdresser. The Bag Lady has curly hair, which is all well and good on the days it decides to curl the way the Bag Lady wants it to curl, but there are days when her hair just says forget it, I'm doing what I want, and you can't change it! Which is when the Bag Lady pulls out the big guns:

Okay, now you know her secret, she's getting around to the question. Anyone who has seen the commercials for this product will know exactly what she means when she asks....is it really made from kangaroos? I mean, sheesh, the slogan is "add some 'roo to your do" ! And the little teensy tiny print (the stuff the Bag Lady had to get out her reading glasses AND a magnifying glass to read) says "Contains Natural Australian Ingredients"!

Aaacckk!! How much more natural can you get than a kangaroo?!


Okay, all joking aside, what she was actually wondering was whether or not this stuff is even available in Australia, or are they just tryin' to pull the wool over our eyes and make us believe it's Australian?! Is it all a marketing ploy? Hmmm?


So, are there any Aussie's out there reading this who want to clue us dumb Canucks in and tell us the truth? Do you "add some 'roo to your do", or is this company just full of doo-doo? Are we being snookered?


Stay tuned for more deep, meaningful posts, right here on this station. Coming soon. Really. And the Bag Lady promises to stay out of the sun from now on....should have worn a hat instead of the damned hairspray...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah
MizFit hath not a word to add about anything hairSTYLE related.

*sigh*

Leah J. Utas said...

I wonder if it just the co.'s way of saying it'll put bounce in your hair.
Don't have much to add although I have no idea what part of Skippy would go in a hair product. Neither do I care to think about it much. In fact, I don't care to think about what goes in most products. Blissful ignorance, that's the way for me!

the Bag Lady said...

Miz - not much *style* happening around here, either!

dfLeah - ahh, perhaps that's it - the bounce! And blissful ignorance is sometimes best.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Waiting for someone down under to clear up the mystery...

I'm pretty ignorant about styling products and, well, style generally.

Missicat said...

Hmmm...the website makes it sound like they are Australian...but who knows? Looks like the distributor is Proctor and Gamble.
I need hair advice too!

the Bag Lady said...

Crabby - style is not exactly my middle name, either! High fashion to me is new rubber boots :)

Missicat - now why didn't I think to look at their website? I was just hoping for an Australian to wander through here and clear things up. Sheesh.

Maggie said...

I've seen the bottle before, but have no clue if the roo is doo! Sorry! Hope you're having a good hair day today though. :)

Hilary said...

I don't know either.. but now you've got me wondering about Kiwi shoe polish..

Tink said...

That's a good question! LOL.

the Bag Lady said...

Maggie - not so sure about the hair today - it's kinda rainy, so the humidity causes frizz. Might have to do helmet head - gotta love the 'roo for that!

Hilary - hey, you're right!! Now I'm wondering, too! What do they put in that stuff?

the Bag Lady said...

Hi, Tink! Still waiting for an Aussie to clear up the mystery!

Missicat said...

I was more confused by the website! Maybe that's just me though....where are our Australian readers???

the Bag Lady said...

Calling all Aussies!!! (Actually, the Bag Lady checked her sitemeter and doesn't get many visits from Australia....so we may never know!!)

Gena said...

Well, I'm pretty sure it's not made with kangaroos, but not positive! Haha! And no idea if it's from Australia or not.

I used one of their products a long time ago and really liked the smell. Now I don't really put much in my hair at all. Although there is a nice picture of it french braided on my blog (which is about all the fixing it gets these days).

the Bag Lady said...

Gena - you have gorgeous hair, so don't need products to make it look better! The Bag Lady's curls too often turn to frizz in the humidity if she doesn't use something! (and yeah, I love the smell of this stuff!)

Geosomin said...

I don't know actually...I've never used it as it smells too fruity.

It's made by Procter and Gamble...so it's hard to say where it's actually made.

Unknown said...

Am completely useless when it comes to hair products. Including the ingredients in them... although that would be very interesting to look into. I might have to start investigating these sorts of things!

the Bag Lady said...

Geosomin - with P & G, it is hard to say. They are such a huge comglomerate....

Sagan - there you go - something new to investigate ('cause you are a good researcher!!)

Anonymous said...

I want peppers! :)

the Bag Lady said...

Soon Mark, soon!! :)

Reb said...

Sis, it might be too late for the hat to do much good, but start wearing one! ;)

I have no idea, but lets hope Leah is right and that no Kangaroos are harmed during the making of your product.

the Bag Lady said...

Reb - yup, need to start wearing a hat. Boiled a lot of brain cells over the years...

Anonymous said...

Ok, I come from the land "down under" and have never heard of the product, and believe me, and I am the "product" queen. I have bought enough junk, goop, glue, to pay down the national debt. I reckon it's a marketing ploy..........Have a great day.

Lesley

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, I thought this post quite deep. I mean, unraveling the mystery of Aussie shampoo only to discover that it is made with kangaroos is a news-worthy revelation!

Does the shampoo give your hair lots of bounce? You may be on to something here...

Definitely warrants further research!

the Bag Lady said...

AHA!!! I knew it!!! Thanks, Lesley!! I still like it, but I just knew it was a marketing ploy. Thanks for confirming my theory. :)

Susan - I'm not sure if it's made from kangaroos, but it has great holding potential!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I still say there might be kangaroos...

;)