Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, Already?

Oh my gosh, how did it get to be Monday?

The Bag Lady has been getting caught up on some of her housework and sewing, as well as working, and hasn't had anything interesting much to blog about.

Enough of her tomatoes were finally ripe to do something with, so she processed them. She ended up with 14 cups of tomatoes, which she cooked with some onions and garlic and spices and canned. She ended up with 6 jars of lovely sauce that she can use for spaghetti sauce. Added to some scramble-fried (homegrown) ground beef, it will make a lovely meal!

The Rancher has gone back to work for a little while. He has been working night shift, so the Bag Lady has been tiptoeing around (when she hasn't been at work during the day) and has resumed feeding the cows.

She has a large pumpkin that her sister-in-law gave her that she will soon turn into pie filling. She sees a lot of pumpkin pies in the future!

And she's off to work in a little while, so will have to sign off for now.

Have a great day!

15 comments:

Hilary said...

Mondays have a way of doing that, eh?

Pumpkin pie.. yum!

Leah J. Utas said...

The tomato ground beef dish sounds sooooooo good. Have fun butchering the pumpkin. Will you roast the seeds?

the Bag Lady said...

Hilary - I'll say! (err.... what's your mailing address?? It's a realllllly BIG pumpkin!!)

dfLeah - The ground beef/tomato dish makes excellent spaghetti sauce! And I do love roasted pumpkin seeds.... so yes, will probably roast them! Yum!

Scrumpy said...

Yes, how can it possibly be Monday? I'm in denial.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Mmm, the home-made tomato sauce sounds wonderful. I think perhaps spaghetti for dinner tonight!

Reb said...

Pumpkin is easier to process....once you have it out of the shell that is. No snapping of lids. The sauce sounds great.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Mmmmmm.... Tomatoes, garlic, & onions! Have you tried adding it to scrambled eggs? Of course, scrambled beef sounds good, too (or would, if my tummy felt better).

Terrie Farley Moran said...

df Bag Lady,

Pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin!! A wonderful dessert after the scramble and sauce.

Terrie

Geosomin said...

Mmmm...I'm daydreaming about tomatoe sauce and pumpkin pies now. I have a leftover giant pumpkin from halloween that will soon be a pie too. Mmmmm.
I'm thinking of trying out pumpkin soup too...have you ever tried it? I am curious...

Conny said...

...visions of pumpkins danced in her head. You have been busy. Pictures to follow?

Have a great rest o' the week. :>)

solarity said...

This is one of the rare Mondays when I work--there'll be more between now and New Year's--so it did rather take me by surprise.

Tomato sauce, good.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Levi said...

You used the phrase "end up" a lot.
I could not stop laughing.

the Bag Lady said...

Scrumpy - that's a river in Egypt, isn't it? :)

Crabby - shall I send you some sauce for your spaghetti? :)

Reb - that's true! I just have to find time to do the work.

kcinnova - I LOVE salsa on scrambled eggs!! Sorry to hear your tummy is upset.

dfTerrie - Yes, homemade pumpkin pie in a pastry made with homemade lard.... does it sound a little extreme??

Geo - I've never tried pumpkin soup - you'll have to let me know how it tastes!

Conny - I will try to remember to take some pictures! Hope your week is great, too!

Mary Anne in Kentucky - I always work Mondays, somehow. That's just the way the schedule worked out. So you would think I'd be accustomed to it..... sigh.

POD - twice. I used "ended up" twice. I was in a hurry, and ENDED UP writing the way I talk.... :)

Sagan said...

Fun times! I still have pumpkin puree from when I roasted a pumpkin last year. I bet the tomatoes taste amazing in sauce- ESPECIALLY with your ground beef.

the Bag Lady said...

Sagan - I am looking forward to trying the sauce. And having pumpkin pie! :)