Perhaps staying home was just what the Bag Lady needed yesterday. She feels much better today, and her brain is functioning almost normally. Well, normally for her....
She did a few domestic chores yesterday, then spent some time in the kitchen. She made a big pot of her home-made beans, and a loaf of bread. The Rancher was home, so he plowed the driveway and tried to clear away some of the ice in the pasture so the cows have an easier time getting to and from the waterer.
Here are some things the Bag Lady has learned lately:
1. If you are foolish enough to wear your tightest jeans when you are painting your fingernails, your bladder will require immediate attention while your nails are still wet.
2. If you want the phone to ring, stick your head in the sink. As soon as you apply the shampoo, someone will want to chat.
3. If you want the doorbell to ring when you are home alone, apply a cleansing mask to your face, preferably one in a vile shade of green.
4. If you shampoo the carpet, your dog will discover the only mud for miles around, right before someone lets him in.
5. If you get up in the middle of the night without turning on a light, you will discover that your cat finally got rid of that hairball.....with your bare feet.
The Bag Lady knows these to be true. From personal experience.