Monday, February 4, 2008

Favourites

The Bag Lady is tired of complaining about the weather (which, by the way, hasn’t improved very much), and didn’t do anything exciting enough on the weekend to give you a sparkling review of THAT (unless you find techniques for starting totally dead, frozen vehicles interesting…), and has been floundering around this morning for inspiration for a post. So she decided to steal an idea from Frank over at Remaindered Random Musings!
Here are some of the Bag Lady’s favourite things. She knows you will be totally fascinated by this…right?

The smell of fresh-baked bread.

The smell of coffee brewing.

The smell of rain after a dry spell.

The smell of freshly cut hay (or, for you city folk, grass.)

Rainbows.

Watching new-born calves. When they learn how to jump, the look of surprise on their faces is hilarious! When they land with all four legs splayed for balance and shake their heads, then do it again just because they can; always makes the Bag Lady smile.

Sunsets.

Sunrises.

Long, leisurely walks in the pasture in the evening.

Sitting around the campfire.

Coffee cooked over a campfire.

Soaking in a scented bath.

Exploring abandoned buildings.

Reading.

Laughing.

How about you? What are some of your favourite things?

13 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Agree with all those favorites, espcially the air after a rain.

I might come back and add some of my own later when I can think.

the Bag Lady said...

Are you having that problem this morning, too? Must be something in the air. The cold, cold air.

Reb said...

The clearing my sinuses after enjoying the smell of freshly cut hay!

Singing - around a campfire especially.

Eating the freshly baked bread! With real butter!

the Bag Lady said...

Yes, to all of those (well, except the hay-fever thing...)

P.O.M. said...

Raindrops on roses and
whiskers on kittens...
oh wait - those are Maria's fav's, not mine

Let's see...
Morning Snuggles
Down Comforters
Good Red wine
Comphy slippers
Hot Showers

the Bag Lady said...

How could I have forgotten red wine...?!

Scrumpy said...

I can't go into a grocery store between 4 and 7 in the afternoons because they always have the freshly baked bread right by the checkout. That smell is like crack!

the Bag Lady said...

SB - you are so right! The Bag Lady has to go to town today and get some groceries. She gains weight just from the smell in the bakery dept....

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Love your list, but as a city girl who's allergic to fresh cut grass, I cna't help but wonder what I would be like around fresh cut hay!

Terrie

the Bag Lady said...

Probably the same, only more so! I do feel sorry for people with allergies - fortunately, my own allergies are pretty mild. Except the one I seem to have developed lately to alcohol! That one pisses me off. Sheesh, can't even enjoy a glass of wine without stuffing up.

Sarah said...

Mmmmm coffee brewing. That is a good one! I have to say that one tops my list too. Along with the smell of baking, cookies, muffins, whatever. If my house ALWAYS smelled like fresh baking I'd be happy.

My next favourite thing: climbing into bed when you're exhausted and the bed is made with freshly washed sheets.

Geosomin said...

Mmmm...you've cheered me up just by reading that list.

Especially at the thought of watching a cow learn to jump...I can't get that out of my mind :)

the Bag Lady said...

Sarah - oh, yes! There's nothing like climbing into a bed made with fresh sheets!

Geosomin - it really is one of the joys of living in the country, watching the calves learning about their bodies. And the mock bull-fights when they butt heads, either with each other or, even funnier, with their mothers - damn, they are so cute!