Friday, November 2, 2012

Photo Finish Friday - Snowed Under

It snowed early in the Bag Lady's world.
Not only was it early, but it meant business. The leaves weren't even all gone off the rose bush by her front steps. Yes, there are steps under all this snow....



 The sky finally cleared, making for some pretty pictures.


The Bag Lady really doesn't like winter all that much, but as she watched the destruction wrought on the east coast by Hurricane Sandy, she was reminded yet again that the area where she lives is pretty darned good. Although it gets cold in the winter, her chances of having to contend with a natural disaster of the magnitude of Sandy are slim. And for that, she is grateful.

Photo Finish Friday is the brain child of Leah at the Goat's Lunch Pail.

9 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

That's a fair dump of snow you've gotten. But you're right, it does make for pretty pictures.
I so agree with you. Cold weather is a small price to pay for the safety we have here.

messymimi said...

Love the snow pics, but i'm a wimp about cold, unfortunately.

Hilary said...

Indeed. It sure does look pretty.. especially since it's there and not here... yet. ;)

Reb said...

Very pretty even if it is very early.I would much rather snow and cold - you can dress for that. Power outages and floods or earthquakes, not so much.

solarity said...

Poor rosebush; I hope it won't be damaged by the weight.
I am not a fan of winter, but snow is awfully pretty.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Beautiful! but I will concede it came rather early.
I haven't seen the news in the past few days but I have spoken with people who have family there. One woman's daughter lives in Manhattan (within the power blackout zone) and shared some of the descriptions her daughter had told her. It was and is horrific.

Geosomin said...

Looks like the snow we got made it over to you as well :) I'm at the point in winter where I still am enamoured with the beauty of all the fluffy whiteness. It is good to be safe and warm...

Crabby McSlacker said...

Beautiful! But hmm, wonder why it's making me crave Caramel Apple Cake?

:)

JavaChick said...

I'm glad we did not get hit with the hurricane, but I still hope we don't get any snow until January. :)