Friday, November 9, 2012

A Wee Bit Cranky

Since the election in the United States has been beaten to death online, I am not going to share my thoughts, except to say that I truly hope, now that it's over, the citizens of our neighbour to the South can overcome their differences and work together to find reasonable solutions to the problems their nation is facing. (Just one tiny suggestion, though, before I move on - would someone please get Donald Trump the psychiatric care he so desperately needs! Isn't the first sign of a psychopathic serial killer cruelty to animals? He obviously needs help - murdering all those ferrets, dying them orange and gluing them to his head!)

Moving on.

No, wait, I can't move on yet. Please, I implore you, stop the cruelty! As his hairline recedes, he is certain to move on to larger animals! The beaver could be next and, as a Canadian, I will have to stand up and say "Enough! Leave our national symbol alone! Canada is a peaceful nation, but beware of waking the sleeping polar bear."

While I'm on the subject, I must also say I take umbrage at being referred to as the People's Republic of Canada, as Wendell Potter so charmingly put it. Our national medical system may not be perfect, but it's a darned sight better than the financial ruin many sick Americans face.

Hmm, guess I didn't do such a good job of not sharing my thoughts.

Winter has come early to the ranch and it's making me a little cranky.




10 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Save The Ferrets!

the Bag Lady said...

And leave our beavers alone!

messymimi said...

Well, i don't blame you for being cranky about an early winter, since yours are so cold and long anyway.

As for Trump, he does need help. Perhaps the Hair Club For Men could set him on a better path.

People's Republic, indeed! That one makes me mad for you.

solarity said...

Being the happy not-owner of a television, I have never seen Mr. Trump's captive ferrets. I am fortunate, indeed.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Hilary said...

Stop right there, Trump. This is ferrets' gluers' day off...

the Bag Lady said...

messymimi - is there really a Hair Club for Men? Do they do counseling, etc? Cause the Donald could sure use some counseling.

Mary Anne in Kentucky - You are very fortunate.

Hilary - hahahahaha That totally made my day!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You had me at ferrets.

And I don't even like them!

Would the beaver come with teeth and slapping tail?

I have been astounded by the freakishly ignorant and downright stupid comments being made by some people. I'm glad it's not just me being annoyed! Join the club!

MIz said...

L
M
A
O

at leave the beavers alone.

Geosomin said...

People's Republic of Canada? Really? Sheesh.
I thought we were an autonomous collective :)

We had a researcher up here from Texas near my defence in the summer and asked him to explain why so many americans don't want health care. He laughed and said he was baffled as well, as a lot of people he worked with had been (as he put it) brainwashed into thinking health care was wrong, simply because they could not choose it for themselves and it infringed on their "freedoms". They want the right to go into debt for things they can't afford and refuse health coverage. I don't get it...

Trumps gonna bypass the beavers and go straight for the ermine or the mink instead. More posh...

Reb said...

Yes, I'm with you...don't poke the sleeping Polar Bear. The States might be in a heck of a lot of trouble if we decided to not be so generous with our natural resources.