Monday, May 31, 2010

Playing Catch-up

The Bag Lady is prepared for another work week. She spent the weekend doing laundry, cleaning house, and attending to all those mundane chores that make up life. The Rancher spent his time farming - putting in some oats for green feed.

Whew.

She's really, really glad she doesn't have a full-time job - she would never get anything done at home! oh, like she gets lots done now, hahaha

She managed to get a lot of her bedding plants in the ground, but still has a few things left to plant. The weather was a little unco-operative, but at least it didn't snow!

She really doesn't have much to share with you today, but wanted you to know she is still alive and thinking seriously about someday actually writing an amusing/interesting/thoughtful/intelligent/insightful blog post..... but not today.
Sigh.

Hope all is well with all of you! Anything interesting going on in your world? Tell the Bag Lady some good news, or gossip or.... hell, make something up!

13 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

It's good to catch up on life and get it out of the way so you can enjoy yourself.
Can't help you with the gossip etc. Sorry.

Gail said...

Same ole, same ole, here.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

It's Memorial Day here in the US. I jogged for 10 minutes in a friend's pool last night. It's supposed to be 32C today, but thanks to the humidity, it will feel like 38C. My husband has already been out working in the garden, weeding and getting some water to those soon-to-be-thirsty plants.
That's all the excitement I've got!

solarity said...

I'm trying to do some of that catching up, so I can get on with the big projects: moving lots of plants from the old house, moving my sewing machines up from the basement and into what was my father's room (I might actually get some sewing done if I don't have to go up and down stairs to do it) and hanging the blinds in the bedroom.
Today, however, I'm resting up from twelve hours away from home at a dog show yesterday. Five hours sitting in a car means my joints are all protesting loudly despite the ibuprofen.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah - I seem to be in perpetual catch-up mode. So much so that I wonder if I'll know when I am caught up.....

Gail - that's probably the best!

kcinnova - jogging in the pool is terrific exercise! And OMG! That temperature is far too hot for me!

Mary Anne in Kentucky - 5 hours in a car would be a killer! How was the dog show? Fun?

Hilary said...

I can't even make something up. That's Leah's domain.

Sagan said...

I'm glad you're still alive :D

Last weekend, I helped plant petunias at the boyfriend's parents' place. The next day, we had winds gusting at 60+ km/hr, and 4 or 5 trees got ripped out of the ground. The flowers didn't fare too well either, heh. But agreed that thank goodness we have no snow!

solarity said...

The dog show was indeed fun--dog behavior is always fun for me--but the motivation to come home and do some training has trickled away under the ibuprofen.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

the Bag Lady said...

Hilary - I'll bet you could if you tried! :)

Sagan - oh dear! And didn't you get a huge dump of rain just recently, too? I saw something on the news about flooding in your area!

Mary Anne in Kentucky - funny, motivation has a way of trickling away for me, too..... sigh.

messymimi said...

Just the fact that you are still around and doing what you do is interesting to me.

I'm trying to catch up, too, on my reading.

Anonymous said...

I could gossip about this bloggerbroad I know who ends her sentence, hell, her entire post, in a preposition!

xoxo

the Bag Lady said...

messymimi - Thanks!

Anonymous - mom, is that you?

Cheryl Kohan said...

Same old...same old...