Monday, May 10, 2010

I Has a Sad.

It has been a sad weekend around the ranch.

The Bag Lady received a phone call on Friday telling her that one of her favourite relatives (her dad's cousin) passed away. Granted, it was not totally unexpected -- he was, after all, 95 years old, but it still makes her sad to think he is no longer with us.

As if that wasn't enough, on Saturday morning, the Bag Lady received a phone call from her mother-in-law, telling her that one of the Rancher's uncles had passed away early that morning! This was a bit of a surprise because, although he was not a young man, he seemed to be in good health.

The Bag Lady is hoping that the old adage about bad things coming in threes is not true and that this will be all the bad news for quite some time. And if anyone wants to get in touch with her, use email, or smoke signals or pony express, 'cause she is not answering the phone anymore!

Rest in Peace, Denny and Walter.

20 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm sorry for your losses, Baggie. Hugs to you.

solarity said...

I am sorry. The valuable ones we miss, no matter how long their lives.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Gena said...

I'm sorry for your losses. Lots of hugs for you!

messymimi said...

Please accept my condolences for these losses.

I know you will miss them both.

Your family will be in my prayers.

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, everyone.

Leah J. Utas said...

I totally agree about not answering the phone. That's best.
Sad they had to go. RIP.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm sorry, Bag Lady. Even with a long full life, it always seems too soon to lose a loved one.

Charlotte said...

Oh I am so sorry for your loss! It sounds like they were both much beloved by you and your family.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm so sorry. That's the problem with really terrific people-- they leave a hole in our lives if we outlive them.

I'm off now to find me some friends and relatives I won't like...

Geosomin said...

Please accept my sypmathies - I'm so sorry for your losses.

Sagan said...

Hugs. Thinking of you.

Levi said...

I am sad with you.
I hope we get to 95. That is 45 years past my husband! What a grand life that would be.

The Fifth Sparrow said...

So sorry to hear this sad news. I hope your great memories of both of them will comfort and sustain you during this terrible time.
xoxo

carla said...

Im so sorry as well.

Carla

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, all of you. You are very kind.

RadianDeveloper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JavaChick said...

So sorry to hear of your losses Bag Lady. My condolences to you and your family.

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, JavaChick.

David Cranmer said...

I'm sorry for your losses and condolences to your family.

the Bag Lady said...

Thank you, David.