Friday, January 4, 2008

Just How Old Are You, Anyway?

Here are the answers to my little quiz.


Here’s a little game for you. Below are some advertising slogans from some years ago. How many of you can either identify the product or finish the sentence?

1. The white tornado. In Alberta, the white tornado was Mr. Clean. In the east, it appears it was Ajax.

2. If I sit here long enough, someone’s bound to take my….. ...picture. (splash)
It was a Kodak commercial, with a bikini-clad gal lying on the side of a pool. No-one took her picture until some wagster pushed her into the pool.

3. Bubbly, bubbly, bubbly, bubbly,… Eno

4. The one with the …… on top. peanut. Slogan for Squirrel Peanut Butter.

5. Things go better with …. Coke. Of course.

Pretty easy, eh? The Bag Lady will have her comment moderation on so you can’t see each other’s answers. She’ll let all of you see them at the end of the day. Which has now arrived, so the comment moderation is off again.
The winner receives an all-expenses paid trip…….down memory lane.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

#1 is Ajax.. which also happens to be "stronger than dirt!"

You've lost me with #2, though I think it might be a Charlie the Tuna commerical for Starkist.

#3 is Bubbly, bubbly, bubbly ENO!

#4 No idea. Is the blank word also the product name?

#5 Things go better with Coca-Cola.. things go better with Coke. (Though I was a part of the Pepsi generation back then).

Fun game.. more please, and don't tell me that a little dab'll do me!

Leah J. Utas said...

I. Mr. Clean? Not sure, but this is my belief. (Mr. Clean will clean your home, and anything that's in it. Mr. Clean, Mr.Clean, Mr. Clean.)

2. Dunno.

3. Eno (...works's 100 per cent, relieving stomach's discontent.)

4. Ain't got a clue and it's going to bother me all day.

5. Coke.

dfBag Lady, this was fun.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Damn. I believe we are roughly of the same vintage but I only know that things go better with Coke and that the white tornado was some sort of cleaning product.

I do, however, sometimes find jingles from cigarette commercials going through my head--those haven't been allowed on the air in the US for probably 40 years. Takin' up brain cells and meanwhile I can't remember where I put my glasses.

Geosomin said...

Um...I know 3,4 and 5(I'm a bit iffy on 5), but the rest I have absolutely no idea. It's odd how things so culturally "in" can drift away into time...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I know the first (Ajax) and the last (Coke). Guess I usually don't pay much attention to commercials...

the Bag Lady said...

Thanks, all of you, for participating in this little quiz. The Bag Lady was positive that the white tornado was Mr. Clean, and she still believes that to be true, BUT it appears that (at least on the east coast) Ajax also used the white tornado. Google turned up both...
The Bag Lady had fun doing this, and hopes you all did, too. She'll have to put on her thinking cap to come up with some more.

Reb said...

Well, I would have got #'s 1 & 5, I left to think about it, and then forgot to come back. Oh well!

Anonymous said...

oh...I thought 5 was butter...2 of 5. Am I middle aged then ? :)

the Bag Lady said...

Nah, Geosomin, you're still just a kid!