The Bag Lady has decided to share some of her most closely guarded secrets for keeping your home in tip-top shape. (Well, okay, she’s making this up as she goes along…)
1. If your dog has gas on a regular basis, try giving him/her a tablespoon of plain yogurt mixed into dry dog food. (Okay, the Bag Lady isn’t sure that is going to keep your home in tip-top shape, but it might help it smell better!)
2. If you clean with vinegar, you are helping the environment, and your house will smell like pickles. (Not really…well, maybe a little.) Actually, using vinegar is a good idea for washing windows, or, mixed with baking soda to remove greasy build-up around your stove. You can clean your drains by sprinkling baking soda in the drain, then pouring some vinegar on the soda. The foaming action helps get rid of greasy build-up that may be slowing your drain. You can also use vinegar in the washing machine rinse cycle to help freshen and soften clothes. A dish of vinegar in an out-of-the-way spot will help remove odours from the air.
3. Sheesh, the Bag Lady Really Doesn’t Like Housework, so she’s almost out of handy hints! She sprinkles the filter of her vacuum cleaner with a little essential oil to help freshen as she vacuums. (Pretty clever, eh?)
4. If you walk around out in the pasture, avoiding those funny round greenish ‘rocks’ goes a long way toward keeping your house clean. If you do step on one of those, treat the ensuing stain like a grass stain (that’s basically what it is, except it’s been processed through a cow’s intestines.)
5. As everyone knows, beer (or wine) is essential for good housekeeping. If you serve enough alcohol to your guests, they won’t notice the dog/cat hair clinging to their clothing.
Okay, enough handy hints. (Whew, thinking those up was almost as hard as actually cleaning the damned house! Someone give the Bag Lady a drink…)